Off sick for 2 months - my boss sent me email asking about progress and meeting :-(

Options
Hi,

Just an awkward situation. I came back from my maternity in February but have been feeling really unwell (whilst on maternity I kept going to my GP stating there was sth wrong with me but she would say I'm depressed cos I had a baby). I knew it wasn't depression only and kept seeking help and finally was diagnosed with thyroid problems and now they are searching for other things so I am in and out the hospital for different appointments.
I've been through a lot this year and am hardly coping so unfortunately was signed off work beginning of March and have been off sick for 2 months now.

I always delivered the sick leave to our administrator which may be a mistake as not sure if she passed it on to our boss, but she definitely sent it to the HR.

Now I got an email from my boss who is asking about the progress of my work (which is NONE) and also wants to meet up to discuss the change of my working hours (when I got back I requested flexible working hrs going down to 30 hrs a week - now he wants to discuss the arrangement).

I am really not sure how to respond, esp as I will probably stay off sick for another 2 weeks when I have all the medical tests finally done and the chilcare sorted.

Any advice highly appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• ClareEmily
    ClareEmily Posts: 931 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2009 at 11:12AM
    Options
    Personally I would call your boss and arrange a meeting, and explain how unwell you have been. Communication is key here, if they think that you are doing work at home then there has been crossed wires.

Also if I was off sick I would still be in contact with my boss as he is not a mind reader.
  • charlesworth82
    Options
    your work has been informed you are off sick - its really up to them to tell your boss.
    ‘It ain’t over 'til it's over’
  • Gazella77
    Gazella77 Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    your work has been informed you are off sick - its really up to them to tell your boss.

Thanks, I thought so, especially as our administrator sits next to the boss in open space office. I am in a different office so he might not have noticed, even though it's been 2 months now

I know the communication is key but am really dreading this conversation, we are in our last year of operation and everyone is on the exit strategy and proving our existence and suddenly there are no results from me...:embarasse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure