We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

a bit of good news at last!

Hello peeps,

Just thought I would share my bit of good news with you all.

I have down my bank (barclays) everyday it seems for the last week and they have been so helpful with my situation where the ex is concerned etc.

Anyway they have managed to re-arrange my existing loan with a new loan for the same existing amount but without payment protection which is saving me £180 a month!!! ;)

I have also written to barclaycard where my other loan is and they have agreed to take the payment protection off of my loan saving me about £100 a month on my repayments!!!! ;)

I am frantically putting all my old games and stuff on ebay as I have now cleared the rest of my stuff out of the house.

I also have a pound pot which I am putting any £1 and £2 coins in from my pub wages and tips - £130 so far. Once I fill the pot I will put it against one of my cards.

Thats all for the minute but I WILL be back. Keep smiling everyone ;)
😁

Comments

  • Well done - thats some great work there.


    Keep it up! :j
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    great, keep going :grin:
  • forsya
    forsya Posts: 251 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Welldone Bluezone that's great, good on you, bet your feeling happy!!

    Wow 130 quid in your jar - which pub do you work in...tips must be good, or your service must be very good!!

    Stick with the e-baying, can be a slog, but worth it!!

    xx
    Became debt free in 2007 after having £15k of debt. Have been a stranger to MSE and now want to get back into my old MSE habits and save, save, save
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Great news Bluezone!! ((hugs))

    Why don't you list you debts as they stand now in you sig, so that we can see how you are getting on??
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • dmb37
    dmb37 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Wow that's great...............keep up the good work.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts :wave: :wave: :wave:
  • bluezone
    bluezone Posts: 772 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    cheers ruyareece,

    will try and do that later today. - I do feel v.happy today!;)
    😁
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Way to go :-)
  • Well done you, keep up the good work :)

    I know listing on ebay is mind numbingly boring, but it's worth it (that's what i keep telling myself anyway :))
    Why is there always so much month left at the end of my money? :doh:
  • Brilliant news. Well done.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

    'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    £130 - thats alot!

    Maybe it would be worthwhile putting that against a card now to save more money?!
    -highguyuk-



This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.