Different Wedding Gift Ideas?

I really need to come up with a gift for one of my closest friends and her fiance. I really want it to be special and a bit different. They already live together and so have all their housey stuff already.

Help! I am stumped. Anybody seen anything and thought 'wow, what a good idea'?!

Comments

• riggerz
    riggerz Posts: 249 Forumite
    I make gift baskets for the morning after the wedding. Just get a nice hamper and fill it with bucks fizz, pate, truffles and anything that you know that they both like for breakfast!!
    :dance: Thanks to everybody in the crafting threads who inspired me to start my own business!!
  • Thanks, that's a lovely idea, but really I'm after something they can keep.
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    budget?....
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Hmm - good question! I guess around £50 but would be prepared to spend a bit more for something extra special...
  • vgbear
    vgbear Posts: 30 Forumite
    HI

Have you thought of a photo canvas. You can have any picture made up onto them and there are loads of places doing them really cheap at the minute.

I have just had one made up for my gran and it was £35.00.

You could use a photo of them both or an engagement picture or give them a voucher and they can have one of their wedding pictures put onto it.

V
  • carmim
    carmim Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    im going to a wedding in july, my OH is the best man..
    Im making them a towel wedding cake, practical but pretty to look at :)
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I've just ordered a huge canvas print of a photo taken by the groom on the day he proposed (dawn in the Lake District) - gorgeous!
  • Choco
    Choco Posts: 271 Forumite
    I sell beautiful baskets complete with Fondue Sets, Belgian Chocolate etc. They get to keep the basket and the Chocolate Foundue set they can use over & over again. Where do you live?
  • vgbear
    vgbear Posts: 30 Forumite
    That is lovely I do hope they like it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've just ordered a huge canvas print of a photo taken by the groom on the day he proposed (dawn in the Lake District) - gorgeous!
  • homeaway
    homeaway Posts: 263 Forumite
    Just a question how do you make a towel wedding cake? How many towels would you need?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure