We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Advice Please

I currently am £23965.92 in debt:

Egg £6213.15 (15.9 APR)
Cahoot £9935.34 (11.5)
Overdraft £3785.34 (17.1)
Business overdraft £4032.09 (17.1)


I have no idea how I can start to reduce these debts as I currently pay £3467.2355 a year in interest even before I start to make any difference on the actual payments. I am not very good at doing the maths ( a friend helped me put these figures together on a spreadsheet) and can read all the different offers available until I'm blue in the face but still don'tknow how to move forward. I also pay heftly bank chareges each month and don't know if I should take out another loan to consolidate the above or what. Any advice much appreciated.

Confused and worried

Comments

  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Hey there,

    Well I think you came to the right place :) Don't worry, there are lots of gurus here who I'm sure can help you :)

    What's your income though matey?

    It would also be helpful if you could detail any other outgoings you have, rent/mortgage, car payments, groceries and that sort of thing etc.

    Cheers, and well done on taking the first step :)
  • shazzer22
    shazzer22 Posts: 502 Forumite
    Don't rush to get a consolidation loan, wait til some fully fledged money savers pitch up and i'm sure they will offer stacks of advice!

    Good luck
  • shazzer22
    shazzer22 Posts: 502 Forumite
    Is egg and cahoot credit cards or loans?
  • Are your personal finances and business accounts kept distinctly separate? Do you use an accountant for the business side of things e.g. to balance the books and for other things such as to calculate out how much tax you owe the Inland Revenue?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.