Fund raising ideas

Options
Our school has advised us their funds are running low. In order for them to continue subsidise events and excursions they are asking us for ideas of fund raising events to hold in the summer term.
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right forum :o but if anyone got some good suggestions that I could pass on I'd be more than grateful.
They already hold a end of term summer fete

Comments

• Joannag_2
    Joannag_2 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    - non - uniform day
    - 'hamper' every parent brings ina food item and they are raffled off
    - school disco, ours makes £150 and we only have 110 pupils in our school
    - Quiz sheet - sell for a pound, a percentage goes as prixe money
    - second hand uniform sale
    - cake sale

To name but a few!
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Table top sale or carboot sale (rent out table or pitch)
  • Sallys_Savings
    Sallys_Savings Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2009 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Well how about:

Christmas Craft fayre - contact sellers and charge for stalls. Perhaps have children carol singing (means their parents have to turn up ;) ) or a mini play too.
    An auction of promises - people auction off their time..i.e. bag full of ironing, teach a craft, teach a foreign language, bake a cake, late night taxi ride home, two hours gardening, wash the windows of your house, etc.
    Quiz Night - you can print some off the internet just search under pub quiz. either for adults or families. Charge per team or person and let them bring their own nibbles/drinks.
    Bingo/games evening - play beetle drive, bingo etc
    Cake sale
    Car wash - Have a group car wash event
    Race evening - hire a video or buy one off ebay
    Pamper evening - contact avon, local beauticians, cake makers etc and they have stalls. Charge £5 ticket money and include a glass of wine free on entry.
    Car Boot - hold your own
    Football/netball tournament - sell refreshments etc and charge teams to enter. Combine both at same time to maximise sales. Perhaps have an adult fancy dress mini match to finish off.
    Family disco or just for kids
    Lottery Contact local businesses to donate
  • The_world_is_my_oyster
    Options
    I think all my ideas are already posted - but just to elaborate on a few ............
    Christmas Craft Fayre - our school holds one every year and it is the kids who make things in class - cards, tree decorations, gifts - we also have various stalls - like a second hand book stall and plant stand. Some of the parents run around serving coffee and teas with biscuits.
    Auction of Promises - we have a very small school - less than 50 - but we held this in the local pub and made over £2,000!!!
    Another successful one for us is a Soup Lunch held in our local village hall. We have about four different types of soup made by parents, there is also a baking stall. The whole community loves to come along to this.
    Next month we are holding a Race Night (at the Rugby Club!) so hoping for a good night!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a local supermarket that allows bag packing at the end of tills? We have done that before and is a good fundraiser.
    Depending on size of school and age of pupils, a raffle of a prize appropriate for age of children. We are currently doing a DVD hamper at secondary school. It includes DVD player ( cheap from Asda), film, flavoured water, pringles and popcorn. Pupils get a chance to buy a raffle ticket for 50p.

Depending on the type of parents at school, whether they want to be involved and attend after school events. We find it is the same few that turn up but doing a sponsored event brings in lots of money.

Good luck!
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    greenpixey wrote: »
    Our school has advised us their funds are running low. In order for them to continue subsidise events and excursions they are asking us for ideas of fund raising events to hold in the summer term.
    I'm not sure if I posted this in the right forum :o but if anyone got some good suggestions that I could pass on I'd be more than grateful.
    They already hold a end of term summer fete

When is the fete & what goes on during it. Can you share what else you do do, how often etc so we know what to focus on?
  • greenpixey
    greenpixey Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2009 at 10:59PM
    Options
    I have written down the suggestions and will bring them in tomorrow. I haven't had any chance to reply or comment due to my computer playing up, it's been infested with virus and other nasty stuff (but its getting better now thanks to some fab help from a guy on the techie forum)

Some really great suggestions. Some of the ideas cant be done now since they want the fund raising events to be during the summer term.
    Never the less I hope the meeting and our collected suggestions will make a difference and perhaps inspire other ideas to come out of it. Thank you all for the contributions :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure