We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Advise on credit card debts?

Hi fellow moneysavers! I just want to seek advise and opinion regarding credit card debts. I am a rate tart and has been doing this for about 3 years. I have debts on barclays CC= £ 3700 and Amazon= £ 3200 both on 0%. In fact in reality I don't really have debts as I have the money put away on high interest savings account and can pay anytime. I just keep on getting new cards to BT these debts and so far been very successful and have not paid any BT fees yet. Do you guys think I will continue doing this system or pay my credit cards and start from scratch? Any suggestions or opinions is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

P.S. Sorry if this not the right board.

Comments

  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Thanks for pointing out Ian. Sorry that it sound a bit misleading. What I mean to say is that pay my credit card debts and just build up my savings from scratch. Mind you its only credit card debts on 0%. We have separate savings for ISA and that's been safe and growing.
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Thanks a lot Ian.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.