We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OK...deep breath...and here we go
LeShark
Posts: 66 Forumite
Yup...it's happened. *Bing* on comes the lightbulb and here we go.
EGG Card 0% ending.... 4100
Graduate Loan HSBC 6.9%....8500
Car loan 8.4%....8000
SIGH....I can see what people mean about having to actually write it all down! Just makes you think...what was I doing?!
Ah well, that's in the past and now we move forward. I've spent the last month or so trimming stuff down and actually thinking about what I'm spending. Things are definately better now. I've also got an increase in pay coming in April (95 a month) and september (about 200 I recon). It feels a bit rubbish that the pay increase is actually going to be going towards paying this lot off but that's where it going.
The EGG balance is moving to Halifax One at 0% for 12 months starting this month. This is one I plan to hit first as the other 2 loans are fixed payments.
After that I'm considering putting the money saved from paying off the CC into a savings account as this seems to be an artificial way of overpaying without actually being able to do it. Does that make sense? It's late!
Basically instead of taking say 4 years to pay off the HSBC loan by paying the fixed amount i'm hoping to at least halve that time. Is this sensible?
Well I've finally done it. Everythings out in the open now. I really want to get this sorted, but it still seems a long way off.
Any thoughts?
EGG Card 0% ending.... 4100
Graduate Loan HSBC 6.9%....8500
Car loan 8.4%....8000
SIGH....I can see what people mean about having to actually write it all down! Just makes you think...what was I doing?!
Ah well, that's in the past and now we move forward. I've spent the last month or so trimming stuff down and actually thinking about what I'm spending. Things are definately better now. I've also got an increase in pay coming in April (95 a month) and september (about 200 I recon). It feels a bit rubbish that the pay increase is actually going to be going towards paying this lot off but that's where it going.
The EGG balance is moving to Halifax One at 0% for 12 months starting this month. This is one I plan to hit first as the other 2 loans are fixed payments.
After that I'm considering putting the money saved from paying off the CC into a savings account as this seems to be an artificial way of overpaying without actually being able to do it. Does that make sense? It's late!
Well I've finally done it. Everythings out in the open now. I really want to get this sorted, but it still seems a long way off.
Any thoughts?
0
Comments
-
You should post all your other incomings and outgoings, people can trim loads off alot of the time, might save you some doshQuit smoking 18/08/070
-
Hi there LeShark. Welcome aboard the board! :T
It's quite late so many people won't respond till tomorrow but...you'll get heaps of support & advice once they all come online.
Taking those first steps of writing it all down & posting is so important - so congrats on doing that.
Get together your SOA for the peeps on here. They will want to know your exact incomings & outgoings i.e. food, rent, birthday presents, going out money, council tax, utilities...everything that you have to get your purse/wallet out for. Then everything will be looked at to see where savings can be made and advice offered.
If you can post that on here asap, I'm sure some great advice will follow in no time.
I'd love to be in a position of offering great advice but, I don't feel that confident at the moment myself (being quite a newbie and still struggling to get my own debts under control) but I am watching and learning too.
But fear not - as I said, you'll have *heaps* of advice coming up shortly especially once you post your incomings & outgoings. Have a read through some other threads if you haven't already to get a feel for what people need to be able to advise you.
:beer:Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards