🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

In The Night Garden Play Mat

Options
Evening All :beer:

I was here last night having a browse and saw a thread for In the night garden playmat from Amazon for £9.99.
Went to order this evening, and it is now £29.99!!! :mad:

So... I had a gander round the usual suspects (Play, Tesco, Asda, John Lewis etc) and they were all a similar price. Then I had an epiphany :dance: so along I went to BBC shop, and there it was, in all it's In The Night Garden Glory for just £6.99!!! :j

And if you use promo code BBCR08 you get free delivery!

The images on Amazon & BBC are the same though the description is not. I've ordered, and hope I get to play with it soon, then let me 19 month old have a go :p

Hope someone else finds this useful!
Wins 2012: Nike 20XI Golf Balls & Cap, VIP Cinema Tickets, 4oD Film Rentalx2, Dalepak vouchers (1st twitter win :j) Cinema Tickets x4, T-Shirt, Gardening surprise

Thanks to all comp posters :beer:

Comments

• mcweasel05
    mcweasel05 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Hang on a minute, just been having another look... well search criteria, and the thing I've ordered is just the accessories - not the playmat!!!
    Sorry to those who may have ordered - but could it come across as false advertising given the image representation is the same as amazon for different products???
    Wins 2012: Nike 20XI Golf Balls & Cap, VIP Cinema Tickets, 4oD Film Rentalx2, Dalepak vouchers (1st twitter win :j) Cinema Tickets x4, T-Shirt, Gardening surprise

• babyx1uk3
    babyx1uk3 Posts: 1,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats really odd if the picture is the same although i suppose if the description is the same you cant really argue if they actually state it is accessories. This is a bit like people advertising things on ebay saying phone when actually its a phone part you are getting when you read the description, its just a way of making you think you have got a good deal and it means people who dont read the description will buy it and then cant be bothered to send it back and they still make a profit. Soo annoying though for you, if you didnt want the accessories though maybe try cancelling your order? hth a bit
  • mcweasel05
    Options
    Yeah just got to decide, think I may wait until it comes and see if they're any good to let my son play with as it is.
    What is strange is that when you go to Amazon and search playmat it comes with the mat. Search BBC and it comes with the accessories, you have to search playset to find the mat!

• babyx1uk3
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that is very odd, maybe even if you do get it and like it maybe just drop them an email and say the item was a bit misleading, after all if they dont know of the fault they cant correct it. They will probably be glad of you letting them know, providing they arent a company that likes to mislead you in order to get more consumers buying (saying that most do!) Lol
  • mcweasel05
    Options
    Thanks babyx1uk3, I've sent them an email letting them know about my dismay. Let's see what they say...

• babyx1uk3
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    keep us updated, always interesting to know how different companies deal with certain issues, fingers crossed they will change it so its easier for others to find the right information :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport