We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MINT & Barclaycard Mind Games - Advice Please
Comments
-
Hi everyone
I had real trouble getting GE Money and Egg to accept my DMP when with Chiltern but as soon as I switched to CCCS they seem to have left me alone (although GE won't freeze the interest cos they are just horrid). So far so good but I shouldnt speak too soon. Abbey accepted the DMP on a loan I had but then passed the debt to a company called Equidebt who say that they haven't agreed anything and will be taking legal action against me
Surely these people can see that by doing something about our finances we are acting responsibly and don't want to be in this situation.... when will they realist that with fab sites like this we all know our rights and won't be bullied anymore...
OK, Im going to get off my soapbox now and back to work xxI've learnt that life isnt about what you have it's about who have.:T0 -
Thanks to all.
I would love to be able to take out a DMP with CCCS, or anyone for that matter, but am b***ered because I am unemployed at the moment. It's pretty scary dealing with these people first hand.
I guess Freeclimber is right, I have kind of resigned myself to the fact that the worst is going to happen, so fear is being replaced with anger slowly. In these days of 'super' technology and communication, you'd think that these companies would actually talk to their separate departments and present a united solution. But hey, perhaps it suits their purposes better not to. More money in the coffers etc; etc. Nothing like kicking a man when he's down huh ?
It would be naive to think that the Debt Recovery staff of these companies don't actually log in here and see what people are saying about them, wouldn't it ??
So, for any of these covert operators witnessing my pain: Please get a grip and realise that no-one WANTS to be in this crap. Also check out the laws of Karma........what goes around comes around !! That includes the individual actions of the employees of these vultures. No point in saying I'm only doing my job!! How many people have you indirectly topped today ?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards