We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
payments to credit cards??
rootofallevil
Posts: 7 Forumite
Hello All..
I'm slightly puzzled here, if I open a basic bank account with no chequebook, how do I make token payments to creditcards and loan companies in the first instance? ie:accompanying my income/expenditure sheet when notyfying them of our difficulties?
Any help appreciated..
I'm slightly puzzled here, if I open a basic bank account with no chequebook, how do I make token payments to creditcards and loan companies in the first instance? ie:accompanying my income/expenditure sheet when notyfying them of our difficulties?
Any help appreciated..
0
Comments
-
We sent Postal Orders until our DMP was set up with a Direct Debit with CCCS. Unfortunately, the cost is a killer ...25p for a £1 PO so sending 22 cost a lot! Our basic account is with a building society who will do cheques for us made payable to anyone we need to send one to. But who wants the embarassment of asking for 22 x £1 cheques.
Rather do without something else and pay the PO fee!
You could ask for Bank Giro slips from your creditors but again there's the embarassment element.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards