We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DMP help
Evening_Star
Posts: 29 Forumite
Have recently set up a DMP and first payment was due on the 28th Feb. Had signed and sent off all the sanding order forms my bank then called me to confirm that I wanted the standing order set up. I then see the money go out on a mini statement from the cash point and think everything is fine. Went the bank today and got a balance. Thought hang on why do I have so much money 
Called the bank and they told me we have no record of a standing order to that company or any record of anyone contacting you about the standing order.
Imagine my shock i though ohh no I have given all my details to a fraudster who called me. Oh no the bank says it would have been the branch that called you so we have no record and I must have ben seeing things on my statements.
I am worried that it will now effect my DMP have contacted pay plan and my case worker (I just found out I had one) was not in and I have left a message for a call on Monday.
Is this going to effect my DMP? am so annoyed and scared that it has all been messed up. Will Pay plan mark this against me? My creditors are going to be even worse now aren't they?
Can anyone give me any advice that might calm me down slightly? :eek:
Called the bank and they told me we have no record of a standing order to that company or any record of anyone contacting you about the standing order.
Imagine my shock i though ohh no I have given all my details to a fraudster who called me. Oh no the bank says it would have been the branch that called you so we have no record and I must have ben seeing things on my statements.
I am worried that it will now effect my DMP have contacted pay plan and my case worker (I just found out I had one) was not in and I have left a message for a call on Monday.
Is this going to effect my DMP? am so annoyed and scared that it has all been messed up. Will Pay plan mark this against me? My creditors are going to be even worse now aren't they?
Can anyone give me any advice that might calm me down slightly? :eek:
Light bulb moment Dec 2005
Total Debt £54,000 Feb 2006 :eek:
Two payments made to Payplan. Waiting for offers to be accepted
Sometimes all you can do is dance and smile :dance:
Total Debt £54,000 Feb 2006 :eek:
Two payments made to Payplan. Waiting for offers to be accepted
Sometimes all you can do is dance and smile :dance:
0
Comments
-
Evening_Star wrote:Have recently set up a DMP and first payment was due on the 28th Feb. Had signed and sent off all the sanding order forms my bank then called me to confirm that I wanted the standing order set up. I then see the money go out on a mini statement from the cash point and think everything is fine. Went the bank today and got a balance. Thought hang on why do I have so much money

Called the bank and they told me we have no record of a standing order to that company or any record of anyone contacting you about the standing order.
Imagine my shock i though ohh no I have given all my details to a fraudster who called me. Oh no the bank says it would have been the branch that called you so we have no record and I must have ben seeing things on my statements.
I am worried that it will now effect my DMP have contacted pay plan and my case worker (I just found out I had one) was not in and I have left a message for a call on Monday.
Is this going to effect my DMP? am so annoyed and scared that it has all been messed up. Will Pay plan mark this against me? My creditors are going to be even worse now aren't they?
Can anyone give me any advice that might calm me down slightly? :eek:
I can't see it being too much of a problem mate. It's just one of those things! Just make sure you hang on to that money because next month they might want to take 2 months worth! :beer:0 -
Have you kept the mini-statement by any chance as proof? Do you have online banking to check if it appeared there?
Very strange - hope it works out ok.Mortgage-free wannabe!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards