We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Good News for a change
[Deleted User]
Posts: 0 Newbie
Isnt it funny how things happen????
I have just found a visa card statement from January and it said I had a credit of £1000 on the account. I checked the on line account that said the same, so rang the credit card company.
They agreed the account was in credit so have transferred the money back to my cheque accuont.
And there's me thinking I never win anything! Feel like I have won the lottery - debts reduced by £1k just by throwing old paperwork away and reading a statement I didnt know was there.
What a great way to finish a friday! :j
I wish the same luck to everyone on here!
D
I have just found a visa card statement from January and it said I had a credit of £1000 on the account. I checked the on line account that said the same, so rang the credit card company.
They agreed the account was in credit so have transferred the money back to my cheque accuont.
And there's me thinking I never win anything! Feel like I have won the lottery - debts reduced by £1k just by throwing old paperwork away and reading a statement I didnt know was there.
What a great way to finish a friday! :j
I wish the same luck to everyone on here!
D
0
Comments
-
That's great news - just right for a wet Friday afternoon! :j I hope you reach your debt free target soon.
Good luck0 -
? How and why did this happen?
sorry ..i'm just a bit confused..and jealous..lol...Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb0 -
Apparently I havent been receiving statements as I have 2 accounts with them, this one was stopped being used ages ago and as it was 'inactive' statements weren't sent through - apart from this one earlier this year.
My on line login ins were also on different accounts, and the login name was slightly different so I only ever logged into my 'live' account. This account didnt bring up the account in credit.
Spooky. I always thought I was quite on top of my credit cards, shows how you can be wrong.
Bit of good luck is always welcomed - but I'm going to put it into my debt reduction plan so I'm not tempted.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards