We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I actually have some good news today..

WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :j :j :j :j :j
Our overdraft is HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH wages went in today and after the DD's went we are still over £100 in credit..my bank manager is sooooooo going to faint LOL...Have to find a 'target' for next month now :dance:
«1

Comments

  • miseter
    miseter Posts: 196 Forumite
    really really proud of ya keep up the good work.....




    join 20p savers club http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=162632
    HOW MY CURRENT SAVINGS ARE GOING.

    credit union savings = £1,300 :T
    bank savings = £300.30
    £2 savers club= £2 :j
    20p savers club=£7.60 :j
    if u like what i say please thank me. :dance:
  • Wow, I notice from your sig that you've reduce your debts by 6k since January - that is amazing D&DD - the rest of those debts will bite the dust in no time at that rate!!!

    WELL DONE!
  • D&DD wrote:
    WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :j :j :j :j :j
    Our overdraft is HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH wages went in today and after the DD's went we are still over £100 in credit..my bank manager is sooooooo going to faint LOL...Have to find a 'target' for next month now :dance:
    well done, have a small celebration you deserve it :beer:
    coming into the light......:dance:
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yay!!!!!!! DFW rocks this week!!!!!! Well done!
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • forsya
    forsya Posts: 251 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Super duper, fabby!!!

    Welldone, great news

    xx
    Became debt free in 2007 after having £15k of debt. Have been a stranger to MSE and now want to get back into my old MSE habits and save, save, save
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    :j Fabulous. :j
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Thanks all I could never have done it without you guys and gals helping me :D
    Old iron balls got rid of £3k in one swoop for us due to his ppi advice,I am also currently enjoying sky at 3 months halfprice,we have saved on telewest just by phoning and asking,the 2 months free ctax helped too and I got off my butt and did some listing on ebay again.
    Huge thanks to ALL the posters on here, who inspire me always with their strokes of genius and have actually helped me realise there is a way out..we CAN do this :D
    When we all finally declare ourselves debtfree it will have been a team effort as far as I'm concerned.I have learnt so much from these forums not just on how to manage our money better and how to clear our debts but HOW TO LIVE WITH THEM TOO..I think you feel some days that you don't have a life it all revolves around your finances but this site has helped me rediscover the joys of a simple life,which doesn't revolve around spending money.
    For that I applaud you all :T Thankyou..
    *shuffles off for tissues* sniff..
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Thanks DD&D. You're still so optimistic and positive. £3k in a few months is really impressive.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello D&DD

    :j :j :j Wonderful news :j :j :j

    I am so glad things are going so well for you. You deserve to feel very proud of yourself today! :D

    Well done :T
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • linniestorm
    linniestorm Posts: 347 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Yay! Well done!! I think getting rid of the overdraft is such a psychological boost as well, knowing that you're talking about money with a plus sign in front of it instead of a minus!!

    It felt like that for me anyway!! (despite the fact I've got a temporary one back again as I had a month without work! It's the first thing that's going on pay day!) If I can do at least half as well as you're doing I'll be well chuffed, keep it up!!!
    1st LBM (Pre-Career Change): 01 March 2006 Debt Free Date: 28 April 2008 | Worst Debt: £7244.36

    2nd LBM: 10 December 2019 Current Debt £25,322 [April 2020] | Worst Debt: £27,444
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.