Options
13»

Comments

• Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I really haven't got a clue...
    Well, today is the big day, so we will find out either way.. Fingers crossed.
  • northerner79
    Options
    Well. it's a Big Negative!! Well seems like the JSA and the HMRC and just about every government department get a little mixed up!! Well never mind, guess I will just have to wait for the P60U before I can claim back! The excitements over!!
    Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But you said before that HMRC confirmed that you are owed tax? how did they confirmed it?
    I just thought that it would be the first 2 departments that actually talk to each other. My friend didn't complete new child credit form and they told her that they don't share info with any other department so they don't know that she is "still" entitled.. So I didn't think that 2 departments automatically do anything without a paper from the other one..
    Anyway I will keep fingers crossed that it turns up soon..
  • northerner79
    Options
    I rang up the HMRC and they went through my details as I was only employed until August last year and received payment in Lieu and I was taxed at around 40% on this. I have spoken to two people at HMRC who both confirmed I will be able to claim a rebate of the same amount of money. So I am 100% confident that I will get a rebate it is just when!!

The Job centre told me I would get a rebate, but as we are in a new tax year and I haven't paid any tax this year then I haven't! Had a signed off the JSA before April 5th 2009 I probably would have received my rebate from the JSA!

Never mind!!
    Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So Shelley you think I will get a rebate tomorrow, I am saying no!!

Ummm no I didn't say I thought you would get a rebate today. I was just saying that I had received a rebate from DWP in the past.

Its very easy to claim a rebate from the tax office. I did it a couple of years ago. If you need help how to do it either phone the tax office and they will tell you exactly what to do or let me know and I'll dig out an old post I have made on the matter.
  • northerner79
    Options
    My mistake! Thanks for all the help! I will wait on the P60U and then get it sorted!

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure