New Post Advanced Search

Sneaky Asda!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
34 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• skipton wrote: »
    I think all the supermarkets are doing this. Two weeks ago I bought some Tesco own tinned salmon for 88p. This week the same tin/weight etc is £1.99. It wasn't on special when I first got it either.

Good god, that's disgraceful... even by supermarket standards!!!
  • shellyshelly Forumite
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mummy_Jo wrote: »
    I find the Jaffa Cakes at Lidl really nice. They do strawberry or raspberry ones too. Really Tasty!

I can second that!! They are delicious....mouth watering just thinking about them :D
    My favs are the cherry ones. Much better than Mcvities because the whole top of the sponge is covered in the jelly.....not just a blob in the middle.
    :heart2: Love isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live without :heart2:
  • ClowanceClowance Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    asda own brand all bran which is MUCH cheaper seems to be impossible to get hold of at the moment, I wonder if they are rebranding this and about to release at a much higher price?
    :j Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!:j
  • milliemillie Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Clowance wrote: »
    asda own brand all bran which is MUCH cheaper seems to be impossible to get hold of at the moment, I wonder if they are rebranding this and about to release at a much higher price?

I have also found this problem. It happened last year for months too. I emailed them to ask why and they came back to me saying that there was a quality issue with their supplier which was being resolved and would be back on sale shortly which did happen but it has disappeared again. I will try emailing them again perhaps all the affected customers should do the same. I did notice that the own brands from other stores also disappeared last time, but have not looked this time as yet.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would agree with other posters. I do my main shop at Asda and you need to be so £perkg aware. I started buying boned breast of lamb recently and always bought one to freeze if they had small ones (just cooking for 2). As I had an 'old' one to compare with I noticed the price per kg has shot up from £3 something to £4 something in just a few weeks.
  • mamburymambury Forumite
    2.2K posts
    bread flour! gone from 48p per 1.5kg to 68p in a couple of weeks!

Must be due for a roll back soon!
    sealed pot challange #572!
    Garden fund - £0!!:D
    £0/£10k
  • I find Asda very expensive, i think people are confused with all the roll backs and £1 signs, i find morrisons or tescos alot cheaper. Especially if you try to stick to own brands.
    my advice is to try a different supermarket using your recipt to buy the same things avoiding offers and see how it compares...Also i find Asda basics very bad quality.
  • mamburymambury Forumite
    2.2K posts
    I find Asda very expensive, i think people are confused with all the roll backs and £1 signs, i find morrisons or tescos alot cheaper. Especially if you try to stick to own brands.
    my advice is to try a different supermarket using your recipt to buy the same things avoiding offers and see how it compares...Also i find Asda basics very bad quality.
    couldn't agree more !

THere are a few things that are worth it, but I tend to do most of my shopping in morrisons.
    sealed pot challange #572!
    Garden fund - £0!!:D
    £0/£10k
  • I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basics Tuna is a bug bear for me. Last year 29p and now 55p

I think the ingredients have gone up and also they have to make up some of the losses of people switching brands!!!

I bought some value muesli with (wait for it) 2.5% raisins and 0.5% hazelnuts!!! (be like a treasure hunt!!) But 58p
  • I live in the middle of nowhere so shop online to save on petrol, it's really interesting to compare prices. As I've got saved favourites, it's amazing how items can go up and down by up to £1 in just a week. I currently use Tesco but have noticed this happens with Asda and Sainsburys too, the rascals!
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support