We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Free recycling site (like freecycle)

2»

Comments

  • flipper_2010
    flipper_2010 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May 2009 at 10:00AM
    I joined that freeshare site and I've never had a single thing from them. All I get are board guidelines, maybe its just my area.....

    Everything I look at on the snaffleup site is for sale or as a part exchange
  • sher60
    sher60 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Thanks, I've bookmarked this site for future use!!
    Murphy knows me too well and sticks to me like glue!
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Are coat-hanger breeding? There's 150- 200 in Barking, shame I don't need any.
  • creased-leach
    creased-leach Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Wow- thanks op!

    Signed up 3 days ago. Last night, just as my eldest DD was asking me on MSN if she could have some "crash space" for some uni mates, I got an email notification from Snaffle up. Clicked the linky- and hey presto!

    This afternoon saw us picking up a lovely spring action Laura Ashley sofa bed from a neighbouring town- result!

    I'm sitting on it now- and chuffed to bits. It's saved me masses of hassle this weekend too with musical beds (6ft house guest borrowing dd's 5'9/2'6 bed- not good).

    I was bowled over by how easy to use the website was compared to freecycle :j and I'll be putting stuff on there myself in the next couple of weeks.

    Only thing is, DD has now informed me that " a few" equates to 10 :eek:

    Off to snaffleup to see if anyones giving away a yurt...:rotfl:
    Only dead fish go with the flow...
  • Nothing on the web-site should be for sale or part exchange. If someone adds something for sale then the other members can mark it inappropriate and it will be removed by an administrator.
    If you spot any items then email click the mark inappropriate button near the item!

    Thanks,

    Chris.
  • It won't work for me :(
  • flipper_2010
    flipper_2010 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Theres a wedding dress for sale and a pair of shoes for part exchange, I've clicked the button, will have a look tomorrow and see if anything happens
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.