We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The 'I want it NOW!!' debt/savings thread - Part 3

1…5455575960…222

Comments

  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,177
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all,

    I had a really nice weekend. Went to stay at my friends in Sussex. We had a bbq and played rounders and OH played with the millions of dogs that were there. Sleeping in a tiny tent was not fun, might get our own if we go again as we borrowed this one. Managed tot op up the tan a bit this morning too.

    Jen - I think you should treat yourself before the new job. I get extra pay next month (backdated pay) so am going to treat myself

    I was glad diversity won too, think they deserved it
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    maybe i will treat myself to a matress and save for a TV although the TV is driving me insane but i can't find one the right size with everything i need
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i have just signed up for the tesco dvd rental free trial deal free dvd's for 3 months! ace
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow Jen, hope it all goes well!
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yep good luck Jen - you'll be fine :-)
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks i feel okay about it at te moment because i know someone i will be working with!

    I am thinking of buying a matress from amazon as i have £100 of vouchers on my account! Can't find the one i want thought
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,231
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone,

    I hope today has been okay for you Jen. I have good news for once, I've got my old job back AND I had my first exam this morning which went fine...after my three whole hours of revision this morning :o. Even better, the last two big mark questions were on carbohydrate digestion, I thought I was talking out of my backside but now I've looked at the text book I actually wasn't. I'm in quite a good mood :).
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £179,978.59
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £59,882.33
    Moving fund so far £7500 - Premium bonds £4,100
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done nikki that's brill news!!! The job and exams things are looking up!
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,231
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks mm, the best bit is I'm really on the way to getting out of debt properly now :). I'm not including my student loan so I've got £3,500 left to get rid of, I should be able to do that by the end of the year hopefully :D.
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £179,978.59
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £59,882.33
    Moving fund so far £7500 - Premium bonds £4,100
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi Nikki sounds like you had a great day! well done on the job and exam!
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.