The Bankrupt Inn (Part Three)

Options

Comments

• The_Watchman_2
    Options
    Been a busy day on this board today! 3 pages !

Hope all has gone well for Dalips DD ...if you are out there Hun:beer::beer:been thinking about you all day. xx

No wine but got a bottle of Sainsburys Value Gin ...awful stuff & gives shocking hangover I`ll share if anyones got any spare tonic water?
    Sainsburys Value Vodka is just as bad:rolleyes:

Not sure if there bourbon is as bad, i will let you know ;)
    They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors. Perhaps the world is not made, perhaps nothing is made?
    Its too late, always has been, always will be.
    Too late!
  • nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Options
    I got tesco vodka.. mmm diet kick stimulation drink too.. and no work tomorrow i hope i get hangover...
    sosadangel.. do you like gin? i had a bottle given by neighbour for watering her plants while she was on holls.. i cant stand the stuff! its foreign btw
  • So_Sad_Angel
    So_Sad_Angel Posts: 7,363 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Watchman

Its not that it tastes bad....just that killer headache in the morning!!:eek::eek: Quality gin does`nt do that ! Not tried the vodka or bourbon...not brave enough!

Still cuts the alcohol consumption I guess.:D:D
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Hi NM

...not a big fan of gin really.

Just one of those evenings where I go looking through the cupboard to see what there is! Settled on a bottle of Carling I found in the fridge...safer option I think....if I drink it in a wine glass then can fool myself that it is nice sparkling rose:o:o
  • Flowerpot_2
    Flowerpot_2 Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    did someone mention 'sparkling rose-eh'? :D
    Can't stand gin, cheap, foreign or gordons.....smells awful (to me that is)
    Can manage vodka, I always think, but then I seem to fall over, suprisingly :confused:
    Have realised (in my dotage) to keep to the pink stuff :j
    FP x
    BR 2/6/2009 - AD 2/6/2010
    BSC member 273
    :A :D
    still not smoking :D :A
    :j
    'Dreams are necessary to life'

• The_Watchman_2
    The_Watchman_2 Posts: 100 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2009 at 9:16PM
    Options
    Hi Watchman

Its not that it tastes bad....just that killer headache in the morning!!:eek::eek: Quality gin does`nt do that ! Not tried the vodka or bourbon...not brave enough!

Still cuts the alcohol consumption I guess.:D:D

That’s what I meant, had some of their vodka at the beginning of the week, and had a killer head for days. I would not mind, but I did not have that much.

As for the bourbon, I don’t care if it does; my back went today, while filling the dishwasher of all things, so it is for medicinal purposes.

Glass backs run in my father’s side of the family, along with angina and other horrible things, I was lucky, or so I thought, as I take after my mother’s side of the family, apart from the back, so it seems, guess it is the lesser of far worse
    evils so I should be grateful for that I suppose.:rolleyes::confused:
    They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors. Perhaps the world is not made, perhaps nothing is made?
    Its too late, always has been, always will be.
    Too late!
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Sorry to hear your back is troubling you Watch .....dishwashers are dangerous things you know....(did you conduct a `risk assessment` before use!!) :D You will have to pass that task over to Mrs W in future.

There must be something in cheap gin/vodka then.....still £6 a 70cl bottle means its probably antifreeze!! ......you will have to let us know on the bourbon.

Sticking to the decaff coffee here....got to take car in at 9am...on a Saturday !!!

ps Hi FP !! ...hope this week is better than last.
  • Flowerpot_2
    Flowerpot_2 Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Ange (et al of course) ......had to go offline quickly last night as we had a tremendous thunderstorm here 'down sarf' major lightening et al:eek: so today much so a big oak tree nearby took a full lightening bolt & was split asunder!!! (am not making it up honest!) pretty damn scary :eek: :eek: Basically i unplugged everything & went to bed :o
    Have settled down ( ok only ish but ish is better than nothing) & on a positive note - its the weekend :j:j:j
    And.....on another positive note - OH recieved his barclays bumph today (post BR new account) & has a Visa debit card! Blimey & there's me with my little Co-op Electron haha! .....must post on that thread tomorrow great debate going on there :D
    Have a fab weekend all :)
    FP x
    PS
    Where's Phil? He ok?
    BR 2/6/2009 - AD 2/6/2010
    BSC member 273
    :A :D
    still not smoking :D :A
    :j
    'Dreams are necessary to life'

• nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Options
    Im still sat with my vodka.. got kiddies in bed now.. but i may not be long.. vodka and film in bed maybe!
    Im in such a good mood even smiling with my gappy smile :-)
    for the guys who are regulars i am now on facebook spot me on so sad angels friends list!..
    you may just guess why i picked the avatar and liked merrys corset piccys! haha.. got you thinking now!
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Flowerpot wrote: »
    Where's Phil? He ok?

Hi FP,

I`ve heard nothing from Phil.....wonder if he has gone on holiday? I`ve sent a couple emails/FB so I hope all is well in `Phils world`! So if you are reading this Phil...we are all thinking about you Hun. x

Anyway...sounded like some storm !

btw...I`m lost with the Coop electron debate...thread seems too long now!

Got anything nice to do over the weekend FP?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure