Spring Clean

Some spring clean tips form the energy saving trust:

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Resources/Features/Features-archive/Spring-clean-your-energy-habits

Definately time to do that fridge freezer again and turn the heating down or off.

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    I think The EnergySavingsTrust ought to go a bit further in their recommendations and want a kick up the b um.

Steamers and slow cookers instead of ovens.
    Dried and tinned food instead of freezers.
    Re-jig your diet and/or grow your own food, so no need for a fridge.
    And the double glazing brigade are missing a trick. Money to be made from making and fitting exterior shutters.

My experiences with EST is that they support overcharging businesses. They are letting the contractors take the lead in supplying existing services. Where is the innovations. Why not take up the way our parents/grandparents lived.
    A quango of the worst order.
  • A_fiend_for_life
    A_fiend_for_life Posts: 1,643 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2009 at 3:39PM
    Quite agree they could do more on the site in terms of behaviour.

I like the idea of shutters and fridge - I tried the latter and only lasted a few days because I bought too much meat.

The overcharging business bit wouldn't surprise me actually though I have had no dealings with them I can imagine citing seeing a potential contractor on EST would generate some hand rubbing. Makes me wonder how the site is funded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure