LIBOR still dropping...

Options

Comments

• inspector_monkfish
    Options
    No disrespect but it was bankers foresight or lack of that got us in this mess in the first place, so what makes you so sure and why should we trust a single word that comes out of bankers mouths these days?

Charming !!
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • michael1983l
    michael1983l Posts: 1,916 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps a bit harsh, tarring all 'bankers' with the same brush?! I think it's good everyone contributes to the forum, and I'll add this opinion to all the others I read on here.

Personally, still looking to fix before too long.

No more harsher than the 1000s of people losing their homes thanks to these people. Yes not everybody is guilty and I'm not pointing the finger at the individual, however with the trust all but gone and the unscrupilous way the bankers are still raking in the money for their wages and pensions whilst the tax payer foots the bill. I think its quite fair to not trust a single word these people say anymore.
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    No more harsher than the 1000s of people losing their homes thanks to these people. Yes not everybody is guilty and I'm not pointing the finger at the individual, however with the trust all but gone and the unscrupilous way the bankers are still raking in the money for their wages and pensions whilst the tax payer foots the bill. I think its quite fair to not trust a single word these people say anymore.

your choice mate, you are obviously very very cross about things, but i'm not here to discuss that.

Either way, like it or not, the whole banking sector still has to function in order for the World to continue to go round. All I am saying, is I am at the heart of all that, I can see whats going on in the very market that drives the Mortgage decisions that Lenders have to make. The InterBank Depo Market.

I'm not asking you to judge me on a personal level. Just sharing my experience, knowledge and information I have at hand with you, hoping it may be of some help for some people.

Cheers ;)
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • michael1983l
    Options
    your choice mate, you are obviously very very cross about things, but i'm not here to discuss that.

Either way, like it or not, the whole banking sector still has to function in order for the World to continue to go round. All I am saying, is I am at the heart of all that, I can see whats going on in the very market that drives the Mortgage decisions that Lenders have to make. The InterBank Depo Market.

I'm not asking you to judge me on a personal level. Just sharing my experience, knowledge and information I have at hand with you, hoping it may be of some help for some people.

Cheers ;)

Like I said I wasn't pointing the finger at you, but from now on I think you will see many people asking for reasons why bankers think these things rather than just having your word taken as pre recession.
  • WestonDave
    WestonDave Posts: 5,154 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Inspector - your insight is welcome (well to me at least - and I can see beyond the blame it all on the bankers spin!).

I'm currently on a SVR offset and for specific circumstances would prefer to stay on an offset - the fixed rates offered on those are either high rates or short duration (2 years) so at the moment I'm crossing all extremities and sticking as I am for the time being. However the recent withdrawl of some good 5 year fixes is an interesting move which I'm interpreting at the moment as being due to a specific pool of funds being exhausted rather than a general race to increase rates.
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Like I said I wasn't pointing the finger at you, but from now on I think you will see many people asking for reasons why bankers think these things rather than just having your word taken as pre recession.

ok my little friendly friend, whatever you say

think you are being a bit over judgemental though, to judge the entire Banking Sector, when I am only representing one little tiny part of it...
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • michael1983l
    Options
    ok my little friendly friend, whatever you say

think you are being a bit over judgemental though, to judge the entire Banking Sector, when I am only representing one little tiny part of it...

Entitled to your opinion yes, but throughout all my life I have been screwed over by banks and bankers, so I have very little reason to trust them. I don't think I am at all being unfair to ask for a reason why you state things either from your proffesional point of view of course.
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Entitled to your opinion yes, but throughout all my life I have been screwed over by banks and bankers, so I have very little reason to trust them. I don't think I am at all being unfair to ask for a reason why you state things either from your proffesional point of view of course.

so you have a huge great chip on your shoulder :confused:

lets agree to differ then
    i am only here to offer info direct from the markets, that may or may not be of some use to some people
    take it or leave it, your choice, but it will all be correct
    i'm not here to argue with anyone

If helps, i am not in a market that deals direct with cutomers
    its all purely InterBank - so I have never been in a position where i could screw any member of the public over ;)
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • michael1983l
    Options
    I think you are missing the context of my point. I am not saying you are bad at all, I am merly stating that there is no trust left in the banking sector and that most people are always going to question what bankers say now, rightly or wrongly. I am sorry you feel I have a chip on my shoulder, but that is not what I am getting at.
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    I think you are missing the context of my point. I am not saying you are bad at all, I am merly stating that there is no trust left in the banking sector and that most people are always going to question what bankers say now, rightly or wrongly. I am sorry you feel I have a chip on my shoulder, but that is not what I am getting at.

ok dude
    i hear ya
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport