Thomas Book Set - £3.99 (+ Book Club join)

Options
Found this on the back of Take a Break Magazine.

Useful if you would want to actually buy some more books over the year as you have to join their book club.

They have some books at 1p so i assume you could buy 4 of these.
Your Membership
All we ask is that you buy 4 more books from us in your first year of membership.

In each issue you'll get the chance to receive our specially selected Editor's Choice.

If you don’t want it, just let us know and we won’t send it.

https://www.thomasset.booksforchildren.co.uk

Code: M8242

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really would caution against these types of book clubs. The books you get to choose from do have savings, but the post and packing soon mounts up, plus you have to remember to cancel the editors chocie every month otherwise you get lumbered with it and end up with hassle trying to return it.

For book lovers it is better to check out something like The book people and buy books as and when you want them, not when you are told to buy them.

EDIT: Oh and the 1p books are just opening offers, the rest of the books are 'up to 40% off RRP'.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • flowerfairy159
    Options
    My friend did this and then brought the books on offer. After they were paid for they were told it was the fuill price books which cost them £40 in total. Not worth it.
    Debt Total on 02/12/2008 - £14978
    Debt owed on 19/03/2009 - £14027

(Make £10 per day in april total £388.67)
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully a mod will remove this thread as i'd hate for people to get bound by this "offer", i know how annoying they can be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure