PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting Mould Off Net Curtains?

Options
13»

Comments

• tina_malteser
    Options
    i have vertical blinds in the bathroom so i will try the dettol as well
    Thanks all:beer:
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And Today is a Gift, That's Why it's Called The Present
    20p jar £1.20:j Mr M saver stamps £7.00 Mr Ice stamps £3.00
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cleaned my blinds with the Dettol Mould stuff, gave the stubborn marks a scrub with a toothbrush and they look like new. I always keep a pack of value toothbrushes for cleaning jobs.
  • PallasCatFace
    Options
    I joined this site just so I could thank some of the commenters. I discovered a nasty mould issue and spent the day sterilising floors and windows and removing mould (and paint) from walls only to discover my net curtains (white and it’s privately rented so bye bye deposit because some how it will be my fault) were mould covered at the bottom hem. I sprayed with the same black mould killer advised that smells a little like chlorine and (with repeated sprays) it’s now gone and just waiting for a wash. Thank you guys so much you saved me a lot of hassle xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback