Any ideas for Dad's 80th Birthday?

Options
Hi
We are organising my Dad's 80th Birthday Party and having a Rock n' Roll theme as he loves that music. Does anyone have any ideas that could make his day even more memorable? I thought about having a memory book and handing that around to the people at the party (to put their funniest/memorable memory of my dad in it). But I bet other people have some fantastic ideas that we could use? We would be really grateful if anyone could share any ideas. Thanks

Comments

• x-spendthrift
    Options
    feifei82 wrote: »
    Wow, congrats on that and wish your dad stays healthy and strong. He must have gone thru lots of thick and thin as head of the family. Consider something personal, unique, meaningful and extraordinary. money does not matter as long as he feels it is something which u had put in efforts to get it or make it. Consider doing up a slideshow/MV with all pics u can get with both of you during your relationship. Something like a llife story. Then compose a song with lyrics applying to him and the family to go along with it and that will be his song. I think he would be proud and touch by it. see here for some ideas, my-song.ca
    Thanks ever so much for this idea. I really appreciate it.
  • thisuseridistakenagain
    Options
    i love that book idea, maybe ask people to bring copies of old photos to stick in there too?
    Some old fashioned sweets went down really well with my grandad on his birthday, brought some nice memories back for him.
    It only takes a second to say 'Thanks, you just saved me a few quid!'

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge June
    Toiletries used up- 4 Makeup used up- 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills