Cheap way to do car day trip to scotland?

Options
Cheapest I can find is approx £100 for day return.
Want to go to Ikea but will be buying wardrobes, etc so need car rather then ulsterbus trip. Can go anytime, anyday.

Failing going to Ikea any places to look in NI for cheap good furniture?

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try B&Q the in-laws got a fantastic set of bedroom furniture from them. There are laods of stores, you just need to price around.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Wardrobes, kitchens, beds, all sorts brought back on those ulsterbus trips, lol.

Do you have any Tesco clubcard vouchers, I think they are worth 4x their value if used on one of the ferry companies.

Cheers, Des.
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I stay near Glasgow and can't find any 'cheapish' bedroom furniture (soz, but the ones in B&Q are almost cardboard and Ikea's so ..... Swedish??), never mind coming all the way from N.Ireland .... however, did hear on the radio last night that MFI lost so much money last year that they're doing away with their 'cheap' ranges of furniture and only concentrating on the upper market stuff, so expect big sales on them in the very near future ....?? Ummmm, just a thought but could you not ask on MSE if anyone from here is coming over there anytime soon and could bring it over (say for a 50/50 split in travel costs) thereby saving you both ??? (Sorry, I'm not coming over, but if I was and I had space would happily courier it)
  • freddie_2
    freddie_2 Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. May use my tesco vouchers as have loads but would rather have had a nice meal in Cayanne instead with them!!

Cant believe how expensive the boat is with a car.

Will have a look around B&Q.
  • thetope
    thetope Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can you not wait til it opens here in december?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure