PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easter

As you know Easter is around the corner and I have lots of children ( not all mine) to buy for. I was in Sainsburys the other day and they have changed the sizes of cadburys from 200g to 250g so all the 200g bars were 54p. Bargain- I bought these as they work out cheaper than buying the small easter eggs ( even when they are on 3 for 2.)

And if there is none left in the store, try the petrol station as they don't sell the stock through as fast :j

Comments

• You could always melt the chocolate down and make your own Easter eggs using molds and fill them with a little treat - that's what I'm doing this year!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    don't most kids prefer proper easter eggs though?
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My kids will eat chocolate in any shape or form and when they were little they loved making eggs using chocolate moulds. You can then fill them with any sweets or presents suitable for the particular child ~ much more fun than spending out on the 'popular' brands.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    I suppose it depends on the age, Iam buying for between 7 and 12 yrs and they just want quantity hence a big bar of choccy goes down a treat. I notice today in ASDA they have also reduced their 200g but only to 79p
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As kids we used to make our own eggs. In NZ they have marshmellow eggs coated in choc. We made marshmellow eggs by pouring marshmellow into hollows made in a roasting tin of flour (made by pressing a dessert spoon into flour) then dipping in choc when set and sandwiching together to make an egg shape - YUM YUM
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills