🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

advice please...

Options
Can anyone shed some light on my situation please?
My employers are talking about maybe changing all our hours about and have given us all a form to fill in stating what the earliest and latest times of day we can work.
They are also asking what our commitments outside of work are for each day, presumably what we do around our working day.
I would like to know have they any right to ask such a question as, I thought my time outside of work was private and had nothing to do with them.
Thankyou

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would imagine they are asking so that they can arrange your shifts around any commitments you may have. So for instance if you take the kids swimming on a Friday evening then they will try not to give you shifts on Friday evenings.

You are not obliged to answer the question but don't be surprised if your new shifts clash with your other commitments if you don't!
    :p
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dont think you have to say *what* your commitments are, just when you have them, if you dont want. So eg '7-9pm Friday family commitment' would do fine?

they sound like they are trying to be reasonable in making changes and suit as many people as possible - so I'd be inclined to be helpful and give info if it were me.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • hattermadas
    Options
    Thankyou all for your replies. I have stated what hours I can work up to and then put that I have the children as my OH works.
    We work around each other so I have to be home for Oh to go out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport