PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

ORANGE OIL uses

Options
I am still on the use-it-up theme but now I am slowly tackling the cleaning materials in my house. I used to be a qvc addict and I ended up with several bottles of orange oil. I used it on wood and also to feed my kitchen unit doors but I was hardly denting the amount I have in stock. (and I have given bottles away to my DDs)

I read in a book by `the queen of clean` that lemon or orange oil is good for cleaning shower doors and that it also helps keep them clean by leaving a thin layer of oil on them. I am just back from doing the shower doors with a bathroom sponge and they have come up a treat. I finished them off with a dry micro fibre cloth, making very sure that none spilt onto the shower floor.

I have also done my kitchen worktops and have a feeling that the double glazing will also come up a treat

Anyone else got any ideas?

Comments

• Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would use it on a burner for an air freshner and add to rock salt with possibly one other type of oil to make bath salts
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    what great ideas Aril :)
  • tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    I think you can also add some drops to a carrier oil such as almond oil and use it for a rub to prevent insect bites, i.e. midges, they do not like the smell of any citrus fruit.

Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

Total so far £14.00!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills