Free Fivers in Liverpool?

Options
lushkat
lushkat Posts: 117 Forumite
I was in Liverpool this afternoon, and there was this man giving out five pound notes. Did anyone see him?

Comments

• zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't see him, but this has happened before in Liverpool about two years ago. An elderly lady was approaching people at random in Liverpool city Centre and giving them £5 notes then walking away.

Some of the recipients contacted the local newspaper to try to find out if there was a promotion of some kind underway, but there wasn't.

After this lady had been seen for several days running, and more people were asking what was going on, the local paper managed to spot her giving out the fivers.

She declined to be named or photographed, but told the reporter that she had just wanted to help a few people. It seems her husband had passed away a few years ago and left her financially very secure, so she wanted to share her wealth a little as there was no longer much she wanted to spend money on. She would look for young mums, or elderly people, or anyone she reckoned would appreciate a fiver.

Over the four days she gave out the money, she'd parted with over £3000. She'd had to insist, in many cases, that people accepted it.

Sounds mad but it is true. She said it made her happy to help others in that way. So maybe the guy lushkat saw is doing it for the same reasons?
  • daveowens79
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the forums and it's funny that someone posted this today because the guy was in town today and he throw hundreds of pounds into the air..

there's a video on youtube of this guy - people in our office are all talking about it. search for 'money man in liverpool'

Dave.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport