CV/interview tips for admin role

Options
I found a lot of sites and books that present the CV tips and interview questions... but very few give some useful tips for a normal job, not sales or managerial
For example one usual question is about achievements in previous role.... and the usual example with an answer from sales (raised sales by 30%...bla-bla)... what to answer if you had an admin role: you haven't raised the company's profit or done I don't know what ... what can you answer: you received more post than the previous admin, answered more calls and archived more???? silly as usually is the same amount of workload so I would really like to see a site with answer for small jobs too, not everyone can get/want a management or sales job.

and of course interwiers have learnt by heart the same old questions and ask the same no matter what's the position... and I don't know what to do ... when it's clear taht it's a temporary (for x month) admin role ... they still expect me to tell them that that it's the job I dream about at night?

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You might have thought of a better way of handling calls, or simplified the filing system, or set up templates for more standard letters, or re-designed their forms.

I re-filed all the accident reports in one job, by which I mean that I pulled them out of the ring binder they were in, re-punched the holes so that they were all lined up straight, and put them all back in again. Oh, and I worked my way through the card index of vehicles, mostly because DVLA said a particular vehicle was ours and I couldn't find its card in the index because someone had mis-filed it.

These are not my greatest achievements at work, but that was a particularly dire job.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport