Training to pass my iq test for job interview

Options
Hey guys,

I have a job interview in a couple of days and it also contains an IQ test and a personality test. I didn't want to spend money on books to practice my skills so I was looking for some good websites to improve my skills. The one I found to have the most free practice material is http://www.fibonicci.com/en/home. However I'm not sure if this is the stuff I should be practicing. It has some number sequences and stuff.

Can anybody tell me if I'm one the right track and whether or not the site is any good for practicing, or should I spend my money on books after all.

Thnx.

Platoo ;)

Comments

• Liz_the_Whizz
    Options
    hi tplatoo,

I'm a qualified psychometric tester. Employers prefer to use aptitude tests rather than IQ as they predict job relevant skills such as verbal and mathematical reasoning, spatial awareness etc.

IQ tests were devised to identify children who were struggling at school. They are not particularly good at predicting job success as this depends on for more complex measures of "intelligence".

Practising IQ tests has been shown to improve performance to a certain extent, but Nintendo Brain Training is just as good. Listening to Mozart is meant to help the brain approach structured tasks such as IQ tests. Also lots of sleep, balanced diet and exercise all do their bit.

And finally keep positive and try not to stress - the brain can't do mental gymnastics if your body goes to jelly.

Good luck!
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Sir Winston Churchill)
  • bookduck
    bookduck Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Options
    think you should google "myers briggs" as they are big into people testing, but not really iq as such.
    Since you do not want to spend money on books, try your local library
    GOOGLE it before you ask, you'll often save yourself a lot of time. ;)
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Or you could concentrate on useful skills, such as answering (and asking) interview questions and completing application forms.

The bar for IQ tests is usually so low they do not matter.
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it depends what test is going to be administered.

It is unusual to use an IQ test for selection as they are not particularly good predictors of performance, but if this is correct then the site OP has found gives a good range of the sort of items you will find in IQ tests.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport