Worker registration scheme

Options
My partner is Czech, she came to live in the UK over 2years ago and has been working since then paying taxes and national insurance.In order to do this she had to obtain a national insurance number.Its only now after working for over two years with the same employer that the "UK border agency" have contacted her and sent a WRS 01/2008 form to her employer asking for it to be filled out.They are also asking for fee of £90.
Isnt this a bit l late to ask her to fil it out?On their site it says:
Once you have been working legally in the United Kingdom for 12 months without a break you will have full rights of free movement and will no longer need to register on the WRS
I assume working legally means that she has a legal NI number and is paying taxes and NI, so does she really need to fill this form out and pay?Their site isnt thqat clear either.

Comments

• Glittermonkey
    Options
    We require that our staff have these too.

They either have to show us at interview or apply for it within the first month of working for us.

Working "legally" basically means working for 12 months continuously with a WRS.

If she applies now, her previous 2 years would not count towards the 12 months, it would start from the time she gets the WRS.

Her company should of done this at the begining and have to be very careful they dont get fined.

Hope this helps.
    Lightbulb moment Dec 2005 - debt £23700

June 2010 - £17984.21
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If she has a Residence Permit she doesn't have to register, if that's any help.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • Mudd14
    Mudd14 Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    If she has residency then she wont need to apply as above.

Workingh legally for 12 months means working legally for 12 months! If she has not registrered within 2 months of being employed then she has not been working legally!

I would question her employer why they have not done the necessary checks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure