Join in if you are self-employed and work from home

1283284285286287289»

Comments

• Welcome Mizmir. I look forward to hearing what happens with your business. The only on-line advertising activities that I can suggest are probably ones you've thought of like getting involved with dog forums, asking for links on other people websites and setting up a blog. I assume you've lefletted all the vets and breeders in the area?

Horace, it realy sounds like you're having a horrible time at the moment but you shouldn't feel like a fraud. You're doing your best to get work which is more than can be said for some people but it is a hard time for businesses at the moment. Have you tried People Per Hour? You won't earn top dollar but most of the jobs on there are posted with sensible rates.

I've not been doing a lot recently at all. I've had some bad news and I think for the next year or so everything is going to have to take a back burner. Although on the bright side I received a shiny new copy of Photoshop for my 30th birthday so by the time I get serious again I should be used to using it and ready to create a new set of prints and cards to sell :)
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks both.

Horace - sorry things have been difficult with the business but it sounds like you are doing everything you can to move forward positively. Good luck with the job seeking - and with getting to a point where you can start the events up again. A bit of a Catch 22 situation I guess. Hope that changes for you soon.

Amatheya81 - thanks for the suggestions. I have been doing the online stuff (blog, twitter, FB, forums etc) but do need to up the ante with those and develop a proper strategy. I haven't done the physical stuff here yet - have just moved to the area and to be honest most of my work is still in my old area (running two courses up there with local training clubs) - so need a strategy for getting out there here if you see what I mean. Also need to find a venue that will take dogs. But I have made a good contact with the local dog rescue centre and have had one client from that so far.

Can feel a list of actions coming on - will work on that for the next couple of days then let you all know. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure