Overpayment calculator - here

Options

Comments

• AdamBrunt
    AdamBrunt Posts: 369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A quick win when you have a tracker is to keep your monthly payment the same as before the rates dropped and use this for OPing you'll be surprised what a difference it can make.

Indeed and we would be doing that only ... we currently have £500 on a credit card which we need to pay off first (and we're using the 'difference' in mortgage payment to do that).
  • maxinecook
    Options
    Hi been reading through all this and forgive me if I've missed the calculator.
    I have a part repayment and part endowment mortgage with the endowment maturing in Dec 2013.
    Is there a calculator that will will help me , so that I can combine both and enter the endownment payment.

Thank you
    Profit from matched betting £467.02 since 01st April
  • sunshine_shell
    Options
    search back a few pages and you will find loads!
  • gratefulforhelp_2
    Options
    May I join you please?
    Just arranged overpayment of £85 per month. Trying to bring down LTV a bit before having to remortgage.
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • abouttimetoo
    Options
    Hi Grateful for help

Welcome to the MFW'ers.

Have you thought about joining one of the challenges? There are a few about but I think you might be interested in the 2009 one run by Zavarony - you shouldn't have to look to far down the forum for it. All you need to do is post what you'd like to do e.g Ovepay £x per month £x by the end of the year etc, if you are interested just send Zavarony a PM with your details and she'll send you a number and then every month you can let her know how much you have overpaid and she provides us with an update.

The other one is not due to start until December this year and is called MFIT T2 (mortgage free in three take 2) don't be put off by the mortgage free bit - you just pay off whatever you think you can in the three years - it's run by Financial Bliss and Maz 123 so look out for the thread.

Good luck with your plans
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • gratefulforhelp_2
    Options
    Thanks, abouttimetoo, will look into it. It's a great thought!
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have not seen it already, there is a(nother) mortgage calculation spreadsheet on the Mortgages & Endowment board written by Locoblade - unlike some of the others I have tried recently, it seems to do exactly what I want as it can take into account overpayments (fixed or change each month), change the interest rate part way through, compare to Offsetting and a host of other features:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173

Anon
  • snowmen
    snowmen Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but i am using the egg overpayment calculator (the 2nd post right at the start of this thread). Problem is I cannot put in the term exactly - i can only put in say 22 years or 23 years rather than 22 years 4 months.
    Anyone know how to do this or is there another calculator that does this?
  • _dave__4
    _dave__4 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    snowmen wrote: »
    ... Problem is I cannot put in the term exactly - i can only put in say 22 years or 23 years rather than 22 years 4 months.
    Anyone know how to do this or is there another calculator that does this?

This one lets you put in years & months:-

http://calc-calc-calc.net/get/calc/Mortgage-Overpayment/

HTH!
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    the mortgage calculator is good,

just wondering if there are other people on fixed rate mortgages who are trying to calculate whether switching over to tracker mortgages or sticking to fixed rates.
    Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport