We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
B&b
cotsvale
Posts: 397 Forumite
Anyone know anything about legally setting up a 1 room B & B in your own home?
I have a vague recall that you don't have to register if you only have 1 room.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction please.
I live 10 mins walk from Cheltenham racecourse yet I have an empty room this week because the agency didn't find me anyone...so if I was a B & B I could advertise in mags and the tourist board couldn't I.
My friend was lucky she moved out of her house for the week and got £1250 for renting it out through the same agency!!
I have a vague recall that you don't have to register if you only have 1 room.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction please.
I live 10 mins walk from Cheltenham racecourse yet I have an empty room this week because the agency didn't find me anyone...so if I was a B & B I could advertise in mags and the tourist board couldn't I.
My friend was lucky she moved out of her house for the week and got £1250 for renting it out through the same agency!!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards