Buying an Investment Property in the Lisburn Area

I am considering buying an Investment Property in the Lisburn area.

Does anyone know of any areas close to Lisburn that are currently reasonably priced which it is thought may increase in value over the next few years.

Many Thanks

Elephant Guy

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lisburn is pretty expensive to buy in, but I would check out areas near to the new bypass, you may find some value.

Cheers, Des.
  • Any ideas re: suitable areas or reasonably priced new developments near the new bypass as suggestedby DesG ?
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If you are ok with new developments, and are in no rush, they will be building a few thousand new homes there over the next few years.

Do you have a budget? I might be able to suggest something, I keep an eye on the market in Lisburn.

Cheers, Des.
  • Jersy
    Jersy Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    they r in the process of building just of the hillhall road
  • I am looking to spend up to £160,000. Any idea what the development in the Hillhall road area is called or it's price range ?
  • Jersy
    not sure. on current value u should get sorted for that

mate portstewart is the best place in NI 2 invest

thnk about it. rent from studants 9 months a year.. then BIG money in the summer for rent
  • williams55
    williams55 Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would say Moira is a next hotspot . Close to to the motorway and a lovely village . Some good buys still about . Check out property news
    something missing
  • Shellybee
    Shellybee Posts: 4,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    williams55 wrote:
    I would say Moira is a next hotspot . Close to to the motorway and a lovely village . Some good buys still about . Check out property news

I agree with William, Moira is a lovely village. You could also try Maze/Maghaberry area. In fact I done an online search of Joyce Estate agents and for your price range are some very good propertys in Moira.
    :coffee:
  • bettingmark
    bettingmark Posts: 89 Forumite
    At home, we're currently looking at investing in a property as well in Northern Ireland. Ideally we're looking at apartments/flats or small houses with a budget of £90,000 in mind.

The 'plan' is to buy a brand new 'first phase' property then sell on again inside six months for a small profit. We're completely new to this, but have been keen to get involved for a while, if anyone has any tips advice etc it would be most appriciated.
  • Jersy
    Shellybee wrote:
    I agree with William, Moira is a lovely village. You could also try Maze/Maghaberry area. In fact I done an online search of Joyce Estate agents and for your price range are some very good propertys in Moira.

the maze is an interesting one.. if you get a GOOD site there, then depedning on happens with the new stadium, this would b a very good investment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure