Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Non-stick pans

I've always been uncomfortable with non-stick, as it generally seemed to come away with the food over time. Although I've managed to keep everything else non-stick free, I've always had problems finding a decent, reasonably-priced frying pan. I managed to get one last year, although it's a little big.

And to today, I saw one of these http://www.green-pan.com/ so I'm now the proud owner of a non-stick frying pan. It's smaller than my existing pan, which is good, and it's a nice weight and well balanced. It appears to be very well made, and having tried it, it appears to work!

Replies

• froddingtonfroddington Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Where did you get it from? Just had a look at the website and their whole range looks great, but I can't see anywhere to buy it :confused:
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Dinghams in Winchester... want me to pick one up for you next time I'm there :D
  • froddingtonfroddington Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Thanks for the offer - I'll have a look round here and see if I can find them :D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Apparently house of frazer stock them.
  • Fire_FoxFire_Fox Forumite
    26K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ooooooh I need a new frying pan/ wok and casserole as mine aren't suitable for my new induction hob. :mad: Are these magnetic so can be used on induction? I can't see it mentioned on the website?

I've not long purchased some new quality bakeware as I am sick of chucking away cheapo stuff that either flakes or loses its non-stick powers. Mr.Fire Fox is a chef so is loving the new bakeware and new hob, now have to buy replacement pans to meet his exacting standards AND suit my deep pockets! :p

Edited to add: House of Fraser say the metal handled Green Pan is suitable for induction hobs and in the oven, so might just be the pan for us .... :j
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Fire_FoxFire_Fox Forumite
    26K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Some are available from Amazon and on eBay.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Ben84Ben84 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    greenbee wrote: »
    I've always been uncomfortable with non-stick, as it generally seemed to come away with the food over time.

Yummy, plastic flakes! :eek: I nearly gave up buying non stick pans, but then I got a tefal frying pan and it has been perfect. They seem to have solved the peeling flaking problem. I paid about £15 for a large one, which is very good really.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum