Free eye test and D+A

Options
hey all,

Ive found this http://www.danda.co.uk/iptms1-fet-50-off/ whats the catch with this because it says "This voucher cannot be used with an NHS eye test or any other eye test offer, including concessions or be exchanged for cash."

also would it be possible to take the prescription away to use elsewhere

Thanks
o__O

Comments

• tidus
    tidus Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It just means that persons normally entitled to an NHS exam will be expected to have an NHS exam, paid for by the NHS, rather than take up the free offer. In other words the offer only applies to private patients, not NHS, who don't have to pay anyway.

You will be able to take your prescription away.
  • John898
    John898 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Im an 18 year old student, I use the NHS but dont have a eye test voucher from them, so can i still use this free offer?
    o__O
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    John898 wrote: »
    Im an 18 year old student, I use the NHS but dont have a eye test voucher from them, so can i still use this free offer?
    if you are 18 and in full time education and are due for a sight test then it will be free anyway as the NHS will pay, and you will also get a voucher towards the cost of glasses, if needed.

If you are not due for a test but fancy one anyway you could probably use the D&A free eye test offer, but you would not get a voucher towards glasses.
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    D&A have also just been taken over by Boots Opticians in a merger which might be another good reason to take your prescription elsewhere to be filled.
    Been away for a while.
  • Eilagoss
    Eilagoss Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get my contact lenses through D & A (which as I wear hard gas permeable yearlies of a very high prescription actually works out very cheaply) and I use their free vouchers (usually sent to me through my Nectar membership) to get eye tests and then take the prescription to Spec Savers. Strangley enough, the yearly contacts are cheaper with D & A than spec savers, but I can get cheap glasses with Spec Savers as you only pay for the frames, which start at £25, and get the lenses free if you have single vision ones + bit extra for coatings light weight etc. and I am happy with cheap ones, I only use glasses occasionally anyway. With my prescription the lenses alone would cost £60 + from most opticians + the price of the frames
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure