Help with statement of affairs

Options
Hi

Just got forms this morning from the court one each for both myself & my husband but although I consider myself relatively inteligent looking over the statement of affairs form I am slightly confused as much so as gone from looking at over coffee to a glass of red wine..(yes I know I'm declaring BR but this is enough to send anyone to their local off licence!!)

Few questions..
*We have done a vol repossion on our house and are going to be in rented accommodation would the value of the house be split between us or both put the full amount?
*Same for combined debts such as o/d and joint loans
*Cash in hand question, looking at the forum everyone draws any monies from their account prior to frozen so do I put none?
*what is classed as fixtures and fittings?
We pay an annual amount for the ground rent on the property we are surrendering do I put the address of the property on this number 10 section 3 question?

I will deal with the outgoings section later, the rest seems quite staight forward its more the house issue, so any advice or tips that any of you may have put that was in the same situation would be great.

Really appreciate all the help and advice I have picked up over the last few days on the forum following many of your stories
Thanks.

Comments

• fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poppy2323 wrote: »
    Hi

Just got forms this morning from the court one each for both myself & my husband but although I consider myself relatively inteligent looking over the statement of affairs form I am slightly confused as much so as gone from looking at over coffee to a glass of red wine..(yes I know I'm declaring BR but this is enough to send anyone to their local off licence!!) Been there!

Few questions..
    *We have done a vol repossion on our house and are going to be in rented accommodation would the value of the house be split between us or both put the full amount? Put full amount on each form because if just one of you went BR the whole thing would fall to the other.
    *Same for combined debts such as o/d and joint loans ditto
    *Cash in hand question, looking at the forum everyone draws any monies from their account prior to frozen so do I put none? I put none and would advise you to put same otherwise OR can take it from you - even if it is for normal living expenses better to be safe than sorry.
    *what is classed as fixtures and fittings? Usually for a business - I put none here too.
    We pay an annual amount for the ground rent on the property we are surrendering do I put the address of the property on this number 10 section 3 question? I suppose - not really sure.

I will deal with the outgoings section later, the rest seems quite staight forward its more the house issue, so any advice or tips that any of you may have put that was in the same situation would be great.

Really appreciate all the help and advice I have picked up over the last few days on the forum following many of your stories
    Thanks.

I've made some comments above.

:j :j

• poppy2323
    Options
    Thanks for this so scared of cocking up on the forms!!
    filled in the easy bits already but im sure that will be back on asking more questions!!
    x
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took me weeks to fill in my forms. I did them by hand and can't tell you how many times I printed off blank forms and filled in the first page with my name etc. That was the only easy bit on the forms.

:j :j

• poppy2323
    poppy2323 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Ha your right!
    get your name on there fill the easy bits in ie 'NONE' then leave them.

Bit like exams at school where you keep going back to the hard bits!! will be back on when pick them up again this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure