Value for money in the Gyle

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 777 views
Linda5Linda5 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
A new Cafe has opened at the Morrisons end of the Gyle Mall. They do some fantastic offers. Today I got a soup and Toastie for £3.50. :j The coffee is good two and the Gyle website has a two for one voucher on any hot drink.
Makes a nice change not to be overcharged by a coffee chain.

Replies

• alanrowellalanrowell Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's draughty though
  • wish I'd gone there on Sunday. Thought I'd be frugal and not have expensive coffee and cake, went into Morrisons for soup and roll: dire service, dire soup. Cold flavourless food, and dour staff. Everyone was waiting ages for meals, wondered why it was so quiet!
    I always recommend Morrisons around the country for good value meals when I'm travelling, but this was dreadful.
  • cheap_charliecheap_charlie Forumite
    764 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    wallacebob wrote: »
    wish I'd gone there on Sunday. Thought I'd be frugal and not have expensive coffee and cake, went into Morrisons for soup and roll: dire service, dire soup. Cold flavourless food, and dour staff. Everyone was waiting ages for meals, wondered why it was so quiet!
    I always recommend Morrisons around the country for good value meals when I'm travelling, but this was dreadful.

I hate to say this but the only Morrisons with a decent cafe in Edinburgh as far as I am concerned is the one on the Ferry Road.

I was in the Granton one at the weekend and service was really slow, and my toasted sandwich can only be described as incinerated :(
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides