Recommend somewhere to eat and watch football?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
2 replies 603 views
masonsmummasonsmum Forumite
851 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
I was lucky enough to win tickets for the X Factor Concert at the SECC on 15th March, we are travelling from Ayrshire so considered getting the train up and going for a meal however it is the Old Firm Cup Final on the same day.

Where could we go to watch football and get a nice bite to eat but dont want anything too rowdy.

Also what is the best way to get from City Centre to SECC :confused:

Replies

• Sorry I don't know where to go for food and football but there is a train every 10 minutes from Central Station (which is in the centre of Glasgow) in the lower level part of the station to SECC (think the stop is called Exhibition Centre) and it only takes 10 minutes to get there.
  • I'd go for Europa which is under Queen St Station near George Square. Food is good and they have a few big screens including one outside if you're a smoker. The hogshead pub next door also does the old burger and fish 'n' chips for a resonable price and professes to show live sport but I haven't tried it for watching a whole game. But there is loads of places o i wouldn't worry too much From there its a short walk to central Station and the train to exhibition centre and remeber the last train back is 23.01 make sure you leave the venue with plenty of time to catch that train or you'd be quicker walking back into town!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News