Magnalite torch

Options
Has anyone seen a good deal on these, i need one for my son, i remember a posting a while back but cannot seem to find it anymore, and can't remember what shop the offer was, can anyone please help me?
Charles J

Comments

• LongDongDave
    Options
    Has anyone seen a good deal on these, i need one for my son, i remember a posting a while back but cannot seem to find it anymore, and can't remember what shop the offer was, can anyone please help me?

I think someone mentioned Halfords. In store, Millets are (were?) doing a deal buy 2 get one free. The six D-Cell is a good piece of kit to keep under the front seat of your car...if you know what i mean ;)
  • teabag_4
    teabag_4 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you - went down to Halfords just and all the magnalites are on offers. Got a mini for my young son, and a rather larger one to go under my front seat ;D
    Charles J
  • mateyboy
    mateyboy Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    if you are a member of costco, they are doing a triple pack with batteries for 10.99 + vat just bought one for a xmas prezzie

1, Mini maglite - aa batteries

2, mini maglite aaa batteries

3 mini mag for your keyring + keyring fob & clip
    It's nice to be Important

But It's Important to be nice
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually, I find the 3D the absolute best. Not too big or small and suitable for all purposes. Burton McCall offer 1st class service for those whom need their mags operational at all times.
  • marylee
    marylee Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    Just bought one from e-bay for £4.99 including postage. It's a mini AAA, ideal to use as a key ring as well. The seller is selling quite a few of those.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Boots is doing 2 different ones in their Christmas gift range. They are included in the 3 for 2 offer. I saw them in-store, don't know if they are on-line
  • student100
    student100 Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    firstly I guess you want a "maglite", magnalite sounds like a fake rip-off :)

If you know anyone who is going to the US anytime soon get them to get you one. I bought 2 AA mini maglites in Walmart for $9 (about £5) each and a AAA solitaire for $5. Also got a 4D in Home Depot for $16 including 4 duracell D cells (would cost £6 just for the batteries in the UK!)

If you have to buy in this country :), Screwfix have good prices but only in black.
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
  • denlancs
    Options
    7dayshop.com have some good deals on these torches and I have found their service very good.
    Worry is like a rocking horse,it takes a lot of energy but gets you nowhere.
  • FruGal_2
    FruGal_2 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    a lot of £@ shops have various brands of alu body krypton focus beams in the 1 or 2x AAA or AA versions, as well as C or D for +£. Examine them to check the manufacture quality. You can always use them with 'premium-branded' accessories if you must.
  • geo555
    geo555 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    If you are looking for a small quality torch, you will hard pressed to find something better than a Inova X1. I have purchased several of these from a company called https://www.OutdoorSuppliesUK.com . The torches are far superior to anything I haved used before and because they are led the batteries last a long time.
    (".)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport