'More searched than Obama... how do you react?' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• prudence41
    Options
    Have just read your weekly blog. Whilst I think that Obama will have a bigger impact on the world stage, I think you have instigated a movement of consumer money saving (in existence prior to the credit crunch I might add) which whether by want or need has become infectious.

People (including me) not only want to take advantage of the vast amount of advice on the MSE site but are happy to share ideas, tips, support to help others. And after this credit crunch is over, all of us (8 million a month you say?) will have some part to play in how the UK consumer behaves in the new world order when it arrives.

Well done Martin and thank you my fellow MSErs :T
    I wanna be Mortgage Free by February 2013
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This story has made it as far as MacWorld UK with a few interesting stats that Martin probably already knows and their one per article typo:
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/digitallifestyle/news/index.cfm?newsid=25064
    Maybe MSE should go stateside and help the new Pres get more for his buck?
    Alan
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the site's forum was the 10th most popular social networking site with Brits.

That's interesting. But not surprising :D
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • hulcott
    Options
    Hi Martin

Obama is going to change the world - What are you doing about the Norwich Union Reattribution rip-off? Britain needs you!!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hulcott wrote: »
    Hi Martin

Obama is going to change the world - What are you doing about the Norwich Union Reattribution rip-off? Britain needs you!!

Hi I think its a big story and I know many of the newspapers are campaigning on it already; Radio 4 Moneybox is too, and there are mammoth threads on the forum.

I have to say its simply not my subject area though - I don't know enormous amounts about it and there's great work already being done - so its not a subject MSE will be picking up. There's only a certain distance we can stretch.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    Options
    omg, the comments on that site after the topic post - unbelievable. I have just posted this in response, let's see if it gets past the admin on there or not... "My goodness, how bitter are some people? Did we not get our bonuses or something? ;)
    I really don't care how much money Martin Lewis makes from the website - good for him. I really don't care if he comes across as arrogant when he's arguing for consumers rights. He & his team, and the contributors to that website, have saved a lot of people, a hell of a lot of money."
  • Pisces
    Pisces Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair Martin, Barack Obama doesn't wear as many stripey shirts as you. Perhaps people are searching for your fashion advice?

:-)
    Go your own way..

Virtual sealed pot challenge member #103
  • feazer
    Options
    Can you or Obama suggest a way we can avoid paying the handling charge of 5% of the estate of my uncles , that The Midland Bank are charging for being executors of his will ,then I will judge who rules ok
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    oo saucers of milk abound...I've just posted...lets see if it gets through!
    nope they didnt post...nothing like an open debate .....unlike some I also posted my name!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    yipee they posted it and it stated as follows;

"For those of you slagging him off I would ask how many of you have worked so hard and made such a big difference to people? People are searching for help in imes of financial crisis.
    As one of the apparently low IQ'd (questionable when in my case, you consider a degree, masters and post qualifying attainments...some of us are just crap with money but that doesent mean we're thick!) people who use the site I KNOW that Martinand the team have worked hard to make a difference. And they have. While you can try, you cant take that away! What differences have you made today eh?!
    Plus good on him if he's made some money! I suspect that those of you, who dont even have the guts to post publically but as nameless individuals, are just jealous - wishing you had had the brains and the gall to do it yourself! "

now looking forward to a slating myself...bring it on!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure