We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Laptop around £500

I just wondered if anybody could advise what the best laptop is thats around at moment around £500

I want the most I can get for my money, I've been looking on dell but I am getting very confused!

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Becky

Comments

  • lcharm
    lcharm Posts: 633 Forumite
    To be honest you've got a pretty reasonable budget for £500 try offer oftheday.com (no spaces) and have a browse there. Good makes tend to be HP, Toshiba, Compaq and sometimes Dell. Makes i'm not too keen on are Advent, Acer. If your planning on getting Windows Vista you need a minimum of 2GB RAM for it to run smoothly. Hard drive size really depends on what you want to use it for, i.e. if you are downloading a lot of videos and music then at least 150GB is reasonable. Make sure your processer is Intel Dual core (I don't trust AMD) and at least 2ghz (although not absolutely neccessary).

    Hope i haven't confused you!
    Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
    - Thomas Dewar
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.