We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Decent book like Lee Child
shaileytuff
Posts: 245 Forumite
Hi want to buy a decent book, hardback preferred for a friend bd, know they like Lee Child and Simon Kernick, have googled a few others just after some advice of any good recommendations on a stand alone book
0
Comments
-
Have a look at
Richard Stark
Lawrence Block (the Hitman or Keller books)
Maybe Jeffery Deaver or John Sandford or Thomas Perry."This site is addictive!"
Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
Preemie hats - 2.0 -
I read the majority of John Grishams books before being directed onto Lee Child.:j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j
DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997
Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!0 -
Another Lee Child fan here.
All I can do is a short list of my favourite authors.
Bernard Cornwall
Wilbur Smith
Desmond Bagley
Simon Scarrow0 -
We are also fans of Lee Childs and John Grisham and we like Harlan Coban, James Patterson, Michael Connerly and James Crais.0
-
Big Lee Child fan here. I also like Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman, PJ Tracy, Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, Lisa Gardner, Karen Rose ...
Wasn't keen on Simon Kernick.OD Girls On TourBarcelona 2008 - Dublin 20090 -
I suggest the new John Grisham one out now in hardback The AssociateMiddlers0
-
must agree with the Michael Connoly fans. Ken Follet has written a few good'uns tooNever put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..
Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/600 -
As an Lee Child fan myself (along with Michael Connelly, Robert Crais, Harlan Coben, Simon Kernick etc., etc) I can't believe no-one has suggested Stephen Leather....his books are amazing, exciting from the very first page!
He has written many books and I've never read a dud one - definitely my number one with Lee Child as number 2
Ooh, there's a newish author out called Stuart MacBride - he's only written about 4 books I think, but they're excellent, well worth a look for any avid crime readers.I let my mind wander and it never came back!0 -
Thanks for this!
I love Lee Child's books and have often wondered how to find other similar authors - now I know!!There is no excuse for rudeness. Ignorance on the other hand is excusable – you don’t know what you’re talking about.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards