We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

washing up bottle holes getting bigger

2»

Comments

  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,935 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    To make loo roll insides hygienic for kids to play with put them in the microwave for a minute.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    500 Posts
    Back to washing liquid (but for clothes not plates) I bought my first big huge bottle of Ecover biological washing liquid (5 litre) ready to decant into a smaller bottle from a local healthfood shop and for some reason I thought it said £7.99 but when I checked my receipt it said £13.99 - is this expensive does anyone know? I just wanted to do a little price comparison.
    I have to say it was pretty heavy so had to take it straight back to the car before carrying on shopping as I couldn't carry everything! lol But I feel better for having less impact on the environment (i think?)
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

    Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

    Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • Jo13_2
    Jo13_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I wasn't enquiring what to do WITH loo roll innards - I was trying to say that they've become LARGER, i.e. the roll looks bigger in the packet, but I guess they now have less sheets per roll. Even ONE sheet less would save the manufacturers a small fortune.

    I use the cardboard for all sorts of things, e.g. cat toys, winding oddments of yarn around when I'm ripping old jumpers apart for re-use, similarly elastic from ex-clothing etc. - eventually when I've run out of ideas they go on the compost bin, or get shredded as fire lighters.

    I am very very frugal, but hubby does have a tendency to squirt 4 or 5 times for one handwash (hence decanting into pump bottles that I've saved with SMALL pipes).
  • cath-w
    cath-w Posts: 132 Forumite
    Liney wrote:
    Back to washing liquid (but for clothes not plates) I bought my first big huge bottle of Ecover biological washing liquid (5 litre) ready to decant into a smaller bottle from a local healthfood shop and for some reason I thought it said £7.99 but when I checked my receipt it said £13.99 - is this expensive does anyone know? I just wanted to do a little price comparison.
    I have to say it was pretty heavy so had to take it straight back to the car before carrying on shopping as I couldn't carry everything! lol But I feel better for having less impact on the environment (i think?)

    It is about the correct price. Similar to what I pay. However, I use so little it last a long time.

    C.
  • 16011996
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    loo roll inards are ace for hiding bits and peices and wrapping like crackers for xmas pressies.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.