🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

free burger or sandwich at o'neills, 8th -10th february

Options

Comments

• researcher
    researcher Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I registered myself and printed off the voucher for today, registered my OH and printed off one for him too - all before Virgin pulled it.:j

Went into town for lunch only to discover THEY'VE SOLD O'NEILL'S TO ANOTHER CHAIN :mad:

I tried my very best :D, and the barmaid did check with management but....:( no free lunch for me.

Nearest branch is 30 miles away, so not worth the petrol. :doh:
  • Karen_B_7
    Options
    Seems the link isnt working now. I registered on the site but cant find the link to this freebie anywhere?
  • dan8
    dan8 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    i could not find ANY free meal voucher offer for o'neills on the virgin radio site even after i went to all the bother of registering as a vip. the site search engine also found no matches. so where is this voucher, eh?

hooray, print out the voucher for a free burger or sandwich at o'neills when you buy a drink there.

they have run this offer before, and it is a complete meal with salad and chips.

teasingly, there is a link on the page for a free jamesons and mixer, but that offer seems to have expired..grr

Official insert

This is a great deal and the MoneySaving team felt obliged to test it out in the name of, ahem, research. Buy any drink and you get a free sandwich or burger.

O'Neill's says the cheapest drink you can buy is a coke at £1.55, although the really cheeky might want to try their luck and order some blackcurrant and water for about 20p. To get voucher you need to register as a Virgin Vip and be logged in to print it off. Voucher states one offer per person.

Find you nearest O'Neill's here

Excludes Hawaiian and fully loaded burgers, but we'll let them off.
    threadbanner.gif
    [/QUOTE]
  • stub451
    stub451 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Karen and Dan

If you read page 3 of this thread you'll find a post from David Bowie's brother who works for Virgin Radio. It explains why you can no longer view the pages in question.
  • starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    wonder how virgin knew to post here? can they trace where people are clicking links from?

shame really..but a bit of a strange mistake for virgin to make....
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening,
    Just to say a huge thanks...hubby and I went into O'Neills today with our vouchers and had a delicious free burger n chips! all it cost was £3 for our 2 soft drinks!
    I cant beleive people are whinging about having to buy a soft drink! Honestly...some folk can never get enough for free!
    The O'Neills we went into we had to wait a wee while as the staff hadnt seen the voucher before, they phoned and it was validated no probs...so thanks again!!
    Carol n Malky
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • getawaygirly
    Options
    the link doesnt work for me - is it just me? maybe they've stopped it.....
    g.a.g.
  • curriej99
    Options
    can't load page no matter what.. boo hoo i do so love burgers.
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They HAVE pulled it, a few days ago now
    I haven't got one!
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This was only for specific dates, 14th, 15th and 16th Feb when I viewed it.

I did succeed in registering and printing voucher, as did my sister. We took ourselves out for a nice pub burger meal for the princely sum of £1.20 each for half a pint.

It was actually really good and plenty of it. I had a huge burger topped with cheese, salad and chilli con carne, with chips and a salad garnish, and my sister had the steak melt baguette, which also came with chips and salad. Very yummy. :)

Thanks to the OP for this.
    A penny saved is a penny gained
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills