We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Self-Employed Mortgage & Accounts
stebunting
Posts: 13 Forumite
Hi. I hope someone can help me.
I am looking at buying a house with my partner. She has stable employment and I am self-employed.
I have been working for myself for about 4 years, and can show 3 tax returns as proof of income. I have never used an accountant as my accounts and tax returns as a sole trader are easily manageable by myself with an income equivalent to an average salary. All my accounts are drawn up in the standard way.
My question is do I need to go and see an accountant before I try and get a mortgage? If so, what do they need to do? What do I need to show the lender?
Thanks in advance!
Steve.
I am looking at buying a house with my partner. She has stable employment and I am self-employed.
I have been working for myself for about 4 years, and can show 3 tax returns as proof of income. I have never used an accountant as my accounts and tax returns as a sole trader are easily manageable by myself with an income equivalent to an average salary. All my accounts are drawn up in the standard way.
My question is do I need to go and see an accountant before I try and get a mortgage? If so, what do they need to do? What do I need to show the lender?
Thanks in advance!
Steve.
0
Comments
-
The proof of your tax returns and HMRC receipt will be fine with most lendersI am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
-
Great, thanks. That's what I wanted to hear!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards