We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mortgage minefield..?
simonlovejoy
Posts: 15 Forumite
I've been waiting since before 2002 to dive in to the market, now of course it seems as though there isn't a mortgage broker around willing to actually part with one...!
Could anyone make any recommendations as to a decent broker that it might be worth talking to right now as a first time buyer? I was hoping previously to head to Bradford and Bingley but not really an option any more... I'm only hoping to spend around 130k with a 10% deposit but most of the agents that i have spoken to in the last month seem to balk even at these figures. I know there are a couple of brokers around right now who do offer mortgages which would allow me to put down the 10% minimum, but can't seem to actually find them!!
Any advice or direction towards good reading would be hugely appreciated... i don't want to leave it too late to buy like i did six years ago!
Could anyone make any recommendations as to a decent broker that it might be worth talking to right now as a first time buyer? I was hoping previously to head to Bradford and Bingley but not really an option any more... I'm only hoping to spend around 130k with a 10% deposit but most of the agents that i have spoken to in the last month seem to balk even at these figures. I know there are a couple of brokers around right now who do offer mortgages which would allow me to put down the 10% minimum, but can't seem to actually find them!!
Any advice or direction towards good reading would be hugely appreciated... i don't want to leave it too late to buy like i did six years ago!
0
Comments
-
simonlovejoy wrote: »I've been waiting since before 2002 to dive in to the market, now of course it seems as though there isn't a mortgage broker around willing to actually part with one...!
us brokers would happily give you a mortgage... it's the banks and building societies who don't want to lend :cool:I am a Mortgage adviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
90% mortgages are available but there are other factors such as afforadability, employment stability, credit ratings that the lenders take into account.0
-
Yep
It is not the brokers that pull the strings- it is the lenders
There are 90% mortgage out there
You would have to be happy with the affordability and the higher rates, but you should be able to find something as long as you fit the criteria
Do you have any other debts? Any bad credit history?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
You're been waiting for 7 years and saved less than 2k a year for it?
I thnk this might prove the "buying a house is enforced saving of money that otherwise gets frittered" theory.0 -
I wouldn't assume that i have saved £2000 a year over the last seven years.
That is just the deposit that i am willing and financially comfortable investing at this point in time.
Besides which - you're saying that saving less than £2000 a year is a bad thing, then?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards