We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Questions for you experts!!
Lodge
Posts: 177 Forumite
I am 18 months into a 2 year fixed deal (5.89%).
The questions I have are:
1. When the deal is up, will I be put on the banks (Nat West) Standard Variable Rate?
2. Do they have to offer me another deal?
3. If I opt for SVR, can I go onto a deal at a later date (ie/ if the rates start to go up)?
4. What are the current SVR's?
Thanks.
D.
The questions I have are:
1. When the deal is up, will I be put on the banks (Nat West) Standard Variable Rate?
2. Do they have to offer me another deal?
3. If I opt for SVR, can I go onto a deal at a later date (ie/ if the rates start to go up)?
4. What are the current SVR's?
Thanks.
D.
0
Comments
-
1. Yes
2. No
3. Probably, as long as you fit their criteria
4. 4.19 as far as I can see
0 -
i don't know what your loan-to-value % is or if you have any spare cash, but you can start looking for another deal from now on.
many lenders will hold/lock a rate for 6 months for you. we signed up to a FD tracker rate back in october at 5.79%. it has since followed the base rate and is currently 1.79% - we don't go onto it until the start of next month.
obviously if you pay an arrangement fee and change your mind then you lose that. just keep an eye out for deals that you like, depending on your circumstances.
there seem to be some good rate trackers and 2 year fixed rates, but longer fixes are dearer.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards