We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help Mortgage Advice?

Hi I Am Currently On A Variable Rate With C G The Intrest Rate Does Keep Dropping Now At 3.5% Should I Be Looking For A Fixed Rate Deal Yet? Thkyou For Any Responses

Comments

  • Who knows what the future holds. Your call I think.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • This is the conundrum that many people face, depending on your circumstances there is likely to be high arrangement fees to get near 3.5% now. This is why many borrowers are sitting tight. Also, most of the decent rates need at least 25% deposit / equity.

    My advice is keep an eye out over the next few months, if the SWAP rates start to shoot up then start thinking about a fixed deal.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.